Table of contents
About this book
This book sheds new light on ferroptosis, as an only recently recognised form of regulated cell death. Its respective chapters address the numerous implications that ferroptosis can have for virtually all aspects of metabolism. They also share insights on the morphological characterisation of ferroptosis and highlight the different pathways of induction. Accordingly, the book offers a unique perspective on a mechanism that is involved in a multitude of pathologies, including cancer cell death, neurotoxicity, neurodegenerative diseases, acute renal failure, drug-induced hepatotoxicity, tissue ischemia/reperfusion injury, and T cell immunity.
Readers will learn in which cell types this form of regulated cell death is likely to occur, and how it can be pharmacologically influenced, making the book a fascinating and informative read not only for scientists working in cell biology, but also for clinicians in the field of cancer research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26780-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-26779-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-26780-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors