Table of contents
About this book
—Richard Fadden, Senior Fellow, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Ottawa, Canada, and former Deputy Minister of National Defence
“From the range of topics engaged, to the insightfulness of the analysis, this is the best book on Canadian defence policy in decades—perhaps the best book ever written on the subject. The work will be of inestimable value to a broad readership of politicians, bureaucrats, scholars, soldiers, journalist and most importantly, to undergraduate and graduate students. Canadian Defence Policy in Theory and Practice will be the standard reference on Canada’s defence policy and its armed forces for years to come.”
—Joel J. Sokolsky, Professor, Department of Political Science, Royal Military College of Canada, Canada
This edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of contemporary debates and issues in Canadian defence policy studies. The contributors examine topics including the development of Canadian defence policy and strategic culture, North American defence cooperation, gender and diversity in the Canadian military, and defence procurement and the defence industrial base. Emphasizing the process of defence policy-making, rather than just the outcomes of that process, the book focuses on how political and organizational interests impact planning, as well as the standard operating procedures that shape Canadian defence policy and practices.
Thomas Juneau is Associate Professor in the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Ottawa, Canada.
Philippe Lagassé is Associate Professor and Barton Chair in the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Canada.
Srdjan Vucetic is Associate Professor in the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Ottawa, Canada.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26403-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-26402-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-26403-1
- Series Print ISSN 2523-7187
- Series Online ISSN 2523-7195
- Buy this book on publisher's site