Table of contents
About this book
This book explains vessels’ ability to overcome ice on the Northern Sea Route, as well as the criteria of safe speed and maneuvering of vessels on ice. It provides a successful long-term forecast of ice navigation and reveals the dangers of sailing on the Northern Sea Rote, It includes tips on how to plan and schedule voyages in the Russian Arctic.
The book develops a set of suggested routes for the period of opening and closing of the transit ice-free zone through the NSR based on the last eleven navigation seasons. It presents a method for determining the date for beginning a voyage of a vessel without ice strengthening through the NSR. It also develops a model of initial (long-term) and operational decision-making support system for vessel voyage planning and scheduling.
The main audience for the book are officers at operational and management level of competency, people planning voyages on the Northern Sea Route in the office of ship operator and in chartering department or consulting company, and participants of Ice Navigator IMO Model Courses at basic and advanced level of competency.
- Book Title Voyages on the Northern Sea Route
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-25490-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-25489-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-25492-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-25490-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXVIII, 279
- Number of Illustrations 256 b/w illustrations, 61 illustrations in colour
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
- Buy this book on publisher's site