Table of contents
About this book
This book provides new theoretical approaches to the subject of virtuality. All chapters reflect the importance of extending the analysis of the concept of “the virtual” to areas of knowledge that, until today, have not been fully included in its philosophical foundations. The respective chapters share new insights on art, media, psychic systems and technology, while also presenting new ways of articulating the concept of the virtual with regard to the main premises of Western thought.
Given its thematic scope, this book is intended not only for a philosophical audience, but also for all scientists who have turned to the humanities in search of answers to their questions.
virtuality Gilles Deleuze philosophy of science art and philosophy philosophy and technology psychic systems sonic virtuality virtuality of cinema digital fabrication virtual hermeneutics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24751-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24750-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24751-5
- Series Print ISSN 2510-442X
- Series Online ISSN 2510-4438
- Buy this book on publisher's site