About this book
Combinatorial search problems often arise in science and technology, and ASP has found applications in diverse areas—in historical linguistic, in bioinformatics, in robotics, in space exploration, in oil and gas industry, and many others. The importance of this programming method was recognized by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence in 2016, when AI Magazine published a special issue on answer set programming.
The book will introduce the reader to the theory and practice of ASP. It will describe the input language of the answer set solver CLINGO, which was designed at the University of Potsdam in Germany and is used today by ASP programmers in many countries. It will include numerous examples of ASP programs and present the mathematical theory that ASP is based on. There will be many exercises with complete solutions.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24658-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24657-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24658-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site