About this book
This book aims to give readers a basic understanding of commonly used additive manufacturing techniques as well as the tools to fully utilise the strengths of additive manufacturing through the modelling and design phase all the way through to post processing. Guidelines for 3D printed biomedical implants are also provided. Current biomedical applications of 3D printing are discussed, including indirect applications in the rapid manufacture of prototype tooling and direct applications in the orthopaedics, cardiovascular, drug delivery, ear-nose-throat, and tissue engineering fields.
Polymer-Based Additive Manufacturing: Biomedical Applications is an ideal resource for students, researchers, and those working in industry seeking to better understand the medical applications of additive manufacturing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24532-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24531-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24532-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site