Table of contents
Neuroaesthetics and Creativity: How Do the Creative Arts Engage the Human Mind and Promote Creativity and Innovation Across Fields
How Do the Arts and Sciences Challenge Each Other and Create New Knowledge Through Collaboration?
Brain Mechanisms of Aesthetic Perception
Cognitive and Medical Applications: How Can Arts and Neuroscience Research Improve Physical and Mental Health and Promote Wellbeing?
How Disruptive Neurotechnologies Are Changing Science, Arts, and Innovation
How Can the Arts and Neuroscience Describe and Promote the Processes of Learning and Creativity in K-12 and Higher Education?
The Future of Neuroaesthetics
About this book
This book addresses a set of universal and timeless questions with a profound impact on the human condition:
- How do the creative arts and aesthetic experiences engage the brain and mind and promote innovation?
- How do arts–science collaborations employ aesthetics as a means of problem-solving and thereby create meaning?
- How can the creative arts and neuroscience advance understanding of individuality and social cognition, improve health and promote life-long learning?
- How are neurotechnologies changing science and artistic expression?
- How are the arts and citizen science innovating neuroscience studies, informal learning and outreach in the public sphere?
Mobile Brain–Body Imaging and the Neuroscience of Art, Innovation and Creativity is written for academic researchers, professionals working in industrial and clinical centers, independent researchers and artists from the performing arts, and other readers interested in understanding emergent innovations at the nexus of the creative arts, science and engineering. The book contains language, design features (illustrations, diagrams) to develop a conversational bridge between the disciplines involved supplemented by access to video, artistic presentations and the results of a hackathon from the MoBI conferences.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24326-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24325-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24326-5
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8535
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8543
- Buy this book on publisher's site