About this book
This book covers the most important aspects of Mast Cell Biology. It enables the reader to immerse in the new aspects of Mast Cells biology, which are no longer seen as an immunological effector cell, but a multi-functional efector cell. One which have roles that expands beyond the immunological realm and shows deep implications in the pathophysiology of several human disorders as well as transforming into a very important and promising target for therapy development in cancer, neurodegerative disorders, angiogenesis, inflammation and allergy.
Across twelve chapter on Mast Cells Research, starting from the discovery and characterization of Mast Cells until the lastest findings and translational perspectives, the reader will get a complete view and a profound insight on the fundamental and applied aspects of Mast Cells Biology. The chapters are written in a clear and concise way in order to help navigating through complex biological scenarios.
The author, Domenico Ribatti, Full professor of the University of Bari, is an expert in the field of Mast Cells with more than 800 publications.
Angiogenesis Basophils Mast cell Tumor growth Vascultitides
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24190-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24189-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24190-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site