About this book
The skin is the first line of defense against chemical warfare agents including nerve agents and toxic industrial chemicals, providing a possible barrier or delay to systemic distribution. However, some chemicals act directly on the skin including vesicants sulfur mustard and corrosive compounds such as strong acids or bases, and do not have to gain access to systemic circulation to cause extensive skin damage. Early and rapid skin decontamination is extremely important following exposure to chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals because it decreases serious skin damage to the patient and, potentially, their doctor.
This multi-authored international text pulls together a century of decontamination research and helps the reader expedite solutions that will decrease morbidity and mortality. Complete with dozens of hiqh quality photographs and illustrations, Skin Decontamination aids industrial hygiene, dermatology, occupational physicians and those involved in the public health arena.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24009-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24008-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24009-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site