Table of contents
Introduction to Mental Health Promotion
Implementing Mental Health Promotion
Community Mental Health Promotion
Mental Health Promotion for Children and Families
Mental Health Promotion in Schools
Promoting Mental Health in the Workplace
Mental Health Promotion in Primary Care
Mental Health Promotion Within Mental Health Services
About this book
This book offers a comprehensive overview of current research, policy, and practice developments in promoting mental health and well-being. It offers guidance on developing and delivering mental health promotion interventions across a variety of settings internationally. Chapters outline key mental health promotion concepts, implementation processes, and outcomes through empirical findings, practical advice based on successful evidence-based approaches, and templates for action. In addition, chapters answer key “how” questions on practical implementation as well as the “whys”, providing rationales for mental health promotion and identifying the key factors and underlying principles that make these interventions work. The book includes examples of evidence-based practice with 17 case studies of innovative interventions from different international settings. These case studies illustrate the practical aspects of intervention development and delivery and the realities of implementing policies and programes outside of controlled research conditions.
Topics featured in this book include:
· Interventions that promote gender equality.
· Community empowerment models of mental health promotion.
· Mental health promotion in the home for children and parents.
· Promoting social and emotional learning in schools.
· Addressing stress and promoting mentally healthy workplaces.
· Mental health promotion within primary health care.
· Re-orienting mental health services to mental health promotion for service users and caregivers.
Implementing Mental Health Promotion, Second Edition, is a must-have resource for researchers, clinicians and related professionals, and policymakers as well as graduate students across such interrelated disciplines as health promotion, public health, child and school psychology, social work, clinical psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, health psychology, educational policy and practice, school nursing, occupational therapy, school counseling, and family studies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-23455-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-23454-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-23455-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals