About this book
This book addresses the developing area of biomass for technological applications. Written by leading researchers in the field, the book differs from other literature available by providing a detailed, in-depth discussion of the characteristics of these materials.
The use of biomass for technological applications is a rapidly growing area in materials engineering and green bioprocesses. In this approach, pre-treatments focus on the bioavailability of nutrients and facilitate the use of biomass for delivering byproducts (e.g. enzymes) and for bioenergy production, both of which are discussed at length in this book. In this regard, it explores various aspects of the structural complexity of residual biomass produced by agricultural, industrial and livestock activities for biotechnological purposes, and assesses both conventional and emerging pre-treatments (e.g. biological, enzymatic and physical–chemical).
This book reveals the advantages of these techniques, both individually and in combination, making it an excellent resource for all readers interested in cutting-edge applications of biomass.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22853-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22852-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22853-8
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Series Online ISSN 1865-3537
- Buy this book on publisher's site