Table of contents
About this book
This book compiles the fundamental advances resulting from of oil-palm genome and transcriptome sequencing, and describes the challenges faced and strategies applied in sequencing, assembling and annotating oil palm genome sequences. The availability of genome and transcriptome data has made the mining of a high number of new molecular markers useful for genetic diversity as well as marker-trait association studies and the book presents high-throughput genotyping platforms, which allow the detection of QTL regions associated with interesting oil palm traits such as oil unsaturation and yield components using classical genetic and association mapping approaches. Lastly, it also presents the discovery of major genes governing economically important traits of the oil palm.
Covering the history of oil palm expansion, classical and molecular cytogenetics, improvements based on wild and advanced genetic materials, and the science of oil palm breeding, the book is a valuable resource for scientists involved in plant genetic research.
Elaeis guineensis biodiesel tissue culture propagation genetic engineering oil palm breeding cytogenetics automated phenotyping genetic diversity QTL analysis
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22549-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22548-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22549-0
- Series Print ISSN 2199-4781
- Series Online ISSN 2199-479X
- Buy this book on publisher's site