Table of contents
About this book
This book offers a broad and diverse reflection of the ways in which child poverty could be conceptualised, and the ways in which it is intertwined with childhood as a specific social condition. Furthermore, the responsibilities towards children and the possible mechanisms required for dealing with this condition will be analysed and clarified.
This is the first volume on philosophy and child poverty. Despite the increasing number of publications on poverty, the particular phenomenon of poverty during childhood has not received much philosophical attention. This is surprising, given the severity and depth of child poverty around the globe.
This volume brings together various philosophical approaches and how they understand and tackle child poverty. This is an important addition to the philosophical literature, which is also of wider interest to scholars working in the social sciences and with an interest in child poverty.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22452-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22451-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22452-3
- Series Print ISSN 2662-4389
- Series Online ISSN 2662-4397
- Buy this book on publisher's site