About this book
In the past century alone, we have witnessed groundbreaking technological innovations quickly displace established industries, thereby opening up entirely new markets or fields of research. Such "disruptive technologies" are hard to predict in advance, and yet, they have the potential to significantly alter the course of history. Written by one of the world’s leading space applications experts, this book addresses the concept of disruptive technologies in the space arena, including microsatellites, the development of satellite constellations, and reusable launch vehicles.
The book presents several case studies in the field, and discusses how and why modern space technologies are so unique. It covers current examples of disruptive space businesses, the pros and cons of such disruption, key emerging trends, and possible developments on the horizon.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22188-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22187-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22188-1
- Series Print ISSN 2199-3882
- Series Online ISSN 2199-3890
- Buy this book on publisher's site