About this book
This textbook presents a modern treatment of heat and mass transfer in the context of all types of multiphase flows with possibility of phase-changes among solid, liquid and vapor. It serves equally as a textbook for undergraduate senior and graduate students in a wide variety of engineering disciplines including mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, material science and engineering, nuclear engineering, biomedical engineering, and environmental engineering. Multiphase Heat Transfer and Flow can also be used to teach contemporary and novel applications of heat and mass transfer. Concepts are reinforced with numerous examples and end-of-chapter problems. A solutions manual and PowerPoint presentation are available to instructors. While the book is designed for students, it is also very useful for practicing engineers working in technical areas related to both macro- and micro-scale systems that emphasize multiphase, multicomponent, and non-conventional geometries with coupled heat and mass transfer and phase change, with the possibility of full numerical simulation.
- Explains fundamentals of analyzing multiphase flows and heat transfer, stressing liquid vapor (gas) two-phase flow, and fluid-solid (particle) flow, melting, solidification, sublimation, vapor deposition, condensation, evaporation, and boiling;
- Generalizes macroscopic (integral) and microscopic (differential) conservation equations for multiphase heat transfer and fluid flow systems for both local-instance and averaged formulations;
- Brings all three forms of phase change, i.e., liquid–vapor, solid–liquid, and solid–vapor, into one volume and describes them from one perspective;
- Examines solid/liquid/vapor interfacial phenomena, emphasizing the concepts of surface tension, wetting phenomena, disjoining pressure, contact angle, thin films and capillary phenomena;
- Maximizes student comprehension of the thermal fluid behavior of multiphase flows and systems for practical applications across engineering disciplines.
multiphase flow multiphase flow undergraduate textbook heat transfer undergraduate textbook fluid mechanics heat transfer melting in multiphase flows and heat transfer solidification in multiphase flows and heat transfer sublimation in multiphase flows and heat transfer vapor deposition in multiphase flows and heat transfer condensation in multiphase flows and heat transfer evaporation in multiphase flows and heat transfer boiling in multiphase flows and heat transfer two-phase flow dispersed flow
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22137-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22136-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22137-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site