Table of contents
About this book
This book addresses conceptual and practical issues pertinent to the creation and realization of social media strategies within law enforcement agencies. The book provides readers with practical methods, frameworks, and structures for understanding social media discourses within the operational remit of police forces and first responders in communities and areas of concern. This title - bridging the gap in social media and policing literature - explores and explains the role social media can play as a communication, investigation, and direct engagement tool. It is authored by a rich mix of global contributors from across the landscape of academia, policing and experts in government policy and private industry.
- Presents an applied look into social media strategies within law enforcement;
- Explores the latest developments in social media as it relates to community policing and cultural intelligence;
- Includes contributions and case studies from global leaders in academia, industry, and government.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22002-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-22001-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-22002-0
- Series Print ISSN 2523-8507
- Series Online ISSN 2523-8515
- Buy this book on publisher's site