About this book
This book analyzes the economic reforms and political adjustments that took place in Cuba during the era of Raúl Castro’s leadership and its immediate aftermath, the first year of his successor, Miguel Díaz-Canel. Faced with economic challenges and a political crisis of legitimacy now that the Castro brothers are no longer in power, the Cuban Revolution finds itself at another critical juncture, confronted with the loss of Latin American allies and a more hostile and implacable US administration.
Vegard Bye is Partner at Scanteam a.s., an Oslo-based consulting company. He has studied and written on Cuba for four decades, and coordinated academic collaboration with Cuban institutions on behalf of the University of Oslo.
Cuba Fidel contemporary politics centralization vs. de-centralization authoritarianism legitimacy agrarian reform growth
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21806-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-21805-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-21806-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences