Table of contents
About this book
This handbook offers a comprehensive review of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for working in integrated pediatric behavioral health care settings. It provides research findings, explanations of theoretical concepts and principles, and descriptions of therapeutic procedures as well as case studies from across broad conceptual areas. Chapters discuss the value of integrated care, diversity issues, ethical considerations, and the necessary adaptations. In addition, chapters address specific types of pediatric conditions and patients, such as the implementation of CBT with patients with gastrointestinal complaints, enuresis, encopresis, cancer, headaches, epilepsy, sleep problems, diabetes, and asthma. The handbook concludes with important directions in research and practice, including training and financial considerations.Topics featured in this handbook include:
- Emotional regulation and pediatric behavioral health problems.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for pediatric medical conditions.
- Pharmacological interventions and the combined use of CBT and medication.
- CBT in pediatric patients with chronic pain.
- CBT for pediatric obesity.
- CBT-informed treatments and approaches for transgender and gender expansive youth.
- Medical non-compliance and non-adherence associated with CBT.
- Training issues in pediatric psychology.
The Handbook of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Pediatric Medical Conditions is an essential resource for researchers and graduate students as well as clinicians, related therapists, and professionals in clinical child and school psychology, pediatrics, social work, developmental psychology, behavioral therapy/rehabilitation, child and adolescent psychiatry, nursing, and special education.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21683-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-21682-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-21683-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-922X
- Series Online ISSN 2192-9238
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals