Table of contents
About this book
This practical guide provides a full but concise account of the organ donation and transplantation process, from the management of the donor and organ preservation to perioperative management and surgical techniques.
Readers will learn about various aspects of multi-organ retrieval such as different types of donors and evaluation of organ donors, as well as the retrieval process itself and ethical aspects of transplantation. Written in a consistent format, each of the themed parts examines the different types of solid organ transplantation, namely kindey, pancreas and liver. Each part discusses the indications for transplantation, organ allocation, surgical technique, post-operative management outcomes and professional skills for the surgeon.
This is an essential guide for the transplant surgeon offering a unique summary of the critical issues in abdominal organ transplantation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21370-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-21369-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-21370-1
- Series Print ISSN 2199-6652
- Series Online ISSN 2199-6660
- Buy this book on publisher's site