About this book
This book introduces modern directed-energy beam weaponry and emerging technical concepts based on unclassified and declassified information. The book covers laser systems, analyzing the interaction between high-power laser beams and matter, and examines penetration of high power beams such as microwave and scalar wave. It also covers the use of particle and high-power radar beams and scalar wave as weapons of the future. In-depth coverage of the relevant mathematical and engineering topics and concepts are included. The book will provide scientists and engineers with valuable guidance on the fundamentals needed to understand state-of-the-art directed energy weaponry technology research and applications.
- Provides guidance on the fundamentals of state-of-the-art directed-energy weaponry technology;
- Introduces the physics behind directed-energy weapons;
- Offers in-depth coverage of mathematical and engineering topics.
tactical high-energy laser high energy laser beams weapons development next-generation weapons heat diffusion equations thermal blooming effects Huygens’s principle physics of lasers Bragg diffraction target absorptance Lasers
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20794-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20793-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20794-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site