About this book
‘This book offers a timely assessment of the current US-Russian relations by addressing the most pressing question confronting international relations scholars…Smith skillfully identifies four key dimensions to compare the Cold War and the current state of US-Russian relations, giving us a much better picture of the potential for a new cold war, and making it essential reading.'
—Steven E. Lobell, Professor of Political Science, University of Utah, USA
‘Concise, to the point, clearly written, and effectively argued are among the reactions after reading this brief, but incisive, comparison of the Cold War with current Russian-US relations. [It] demonstrates that, when the structural, the ideological, the psychological, and the technological dimensions of the Cold War are compared with the current US-Russia relationship significant differences are observable. This questions the validity of using the term ‘Cold War’ as a framework for analysis of the current situation.’
—Roger E. Kanet, Professor of Political Science, University of Miami, USA
Nicholas Ross Smith is Assistant Professor of International Studies at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China, China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20675-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20674-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20675-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences