About this book
This volume examines the future directions of Czech international policy through an interdisciplinary analysis of both historical and current Russian-Czech relations. It analyses Czech relations with Russia based on their historical heritage underpinned by the superpower’s behaviour and interests in the Central European region. The book’s central theme is the current Czech security dilemma in which the Czech political community perceives Russia as a security threat, but also would prefer to cooperate with Russia to ensure its security. The authors give a full overview and explanation of Czech-Russian relations, while also explaining the current dilemmas within the Czech Republic’s political, cultural and economic community.
Jan Holzer is Professor of Political Science and Principal Researcher in the International Institute of Political Science at Masaryk University, Czech Republic.
Miroslav Mareš is Professor of Political Science and Principal Researcher in the International Institute of Political Science at Masaryk University, Czech Republic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20546-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20545-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20546-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site