About this book
This book examines bullying and victimization at different points across the lifespan, from childhood through old age. It examines bullying at disparate ecological levels, such as within the family, in school, on the internet, at the work place, and between countries. This volume explores the connections between variations of bullying that manifests in multiple forms of violence and victimization. It also describes how bullying dynamics can affect individuals, families, and communities. Using a universal definition of bullying dynamics, chapters discuss bullying roles during different developmental periods across the lifespan. In addition, chapters review each role in the bullying dynamic and discuss behavioral health consequences, prevention strategies, and ways to promote restorative justice to decrease the impact of toxic bullying behaviors on society. The book concludes with recommendations for possible solutions and prevention suggestions.
Topics featured in this book include:
- Mental health and the neurobiological impacts of bullying.
- The prevalence of bystanders and their behavior in bullying dynamics.
- The relationship between traditional bullying and cyberbullying.
- How bullying causes trauma.
- Sibling violence and bullying.
- Bullying in intimate partner relationships.
- Elder abuse as a form of bullying.
- Why bullying is a global public health concern.
Bullying and Victimization Across the Lifespan is a must-have resource for researchers, professors, clinicians, and related professionals as well as graduate students in clinical child, school, and developmental psychology, social work, public health, and family studies as well as anthropology, social psychology, sociology, and criminology.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20293-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20292-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20293-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors