About this book
"A lovingly assembled book, and the first to link a methodology derived from Lacanian psychoanalytic theory to reflections on the craft of creative writing. Charalambous draws on the most important literature in the area, as well as upon her own extensive experience in creative writing to deliver an accomplished book which works both as an original monograph and as a rather inspiring workbook and reference text."
- Derek Hook, Duquesne University, USA, series editor for the Palgrave Lacan Series
This book presents the innovative pedagogy of Writing Fantasy: a method for exploring and shifting one’s identity as a writer. The book draws on qualitative research with undergraduate creative writing students and fills a gap in the literature exploring creative writing pedagogy and creative writing exercises. Based on the potential to shift writer identity through creative writing exercises and the common ground that these share with the stance of the Lacanian analyst, the author provides a set of guidelines, exercises and case studies to trace writing fantasy, evidenced in one’s creative writing texts and responses about creative writing. This innovative work offers fresh insights for scholars of creativity, Lacan and psychosocial studies, and a valuable new resource for students and teachers of creative writing.
Zoe Charalambous is an English teacher, independent researcher and writer. She currently teaches at Anatolia College High School in Thessaloniki, Greece. She holds a B.A (Hons) in English Literature and Creative Writing from the Warwick Writing Program, an M.A in Classics from University College London (UCL) and a PhD in Psychosocial Studies from the Institute of Education, UCL, UK.
creative writing Lacanian psychoanalytic theory unconscious rationale logic of composition writer subjectivity Creative Writing Studies creative writing pedagogy teaching creative writing writer identity creative writing exercises psychosocial studies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20263-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-20262-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-20263-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site