About this book
This book is the first of its kind to comprehensively describe the principles of demand response. This allows consumers to play a significant role in the operation of the electric grid by reducing or shifting their electricity usage in response to the grid reliability need, time-based rates or other forms of financial incentives. The main contents of the book include modeling of demand response resources, incentive design, scheduling and dispatch algorithms, and impacts on grid operation and planning. Through case studies and illustrative examples, the authors highlight and compare the advantages, disadvantages and benefits that demand response can have on grid operations and electricity market efficiency.
- First book of its kind to introduce the principles of demand response;
- Combines theory with real-world applications useful for both professionals and academic researchers;
- Covers demand response in the context of power system applications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19769-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-19768-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-19769-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site