Table of contents
About this book
Using an interdisciplinary approach, this book explores the emerging topics and rapid technological developments of robotics and artificial intelligence through the lens of the evolving role of sex robots, and how they should best be designed to serve human needs. An international panel of authors provides the most up-to-date, evidence-based empirical research on the potential sexual applications of artificial intelligence. Early chapters discuss the objections to sexual activity with robots while also providing a counterargument to each objection. Subsequent chapters present the implications of robot sex as well as the security and data privacy issues associated with sexual interactions with artificial intelligence. The book concludes with a chapter highlighting the importance of a scientific, multidisciplinary approach to the study of human - robot sexuality.
Topics featured in this book include:
- The Sexual Interaction Illusion Model.
- The personal companion system, Harmony, designed by Realbotix™.
- An exposition of the challenges of personal data control and protection when dealing with artificial intelligence.
- The current and future technological possibilities of projecting three-dimensional holograms.
- Expert discussion notes from an international workshop on the topic.
AI Love You will be of interest to academic researchers in psychology, robotics, ethics, medical science, sociology, gender studies as well as clinicians, policy makers, and the business sector.
Sex Robots Love and Sex with Robots Human-Robot Intimate Relationships Human-Robot Affective Interaction Clinical Application of Sex Robots Robot Sex Crimes Child Sex Robots Machine Ethics Human Sexual Feature Social and Ethical Implications of Robot Sex Therapeutic Application of Robot Sex
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19734-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-19733-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-19734-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site