Table of contents
About this book
This book describes and discusses a practice-oriented approach to understanding and researching interprofessional simulation-based education and simulation. It provides empirical findings from research on this topic and is informed by practice-oriented perspectives. It identifies critical features of the simulation practice and discusses how these can be used in reforming simulation pedagogy.
The book is divided into three sections. Section 1 sets the scene for understanding the practices of interprofessional simulation-based education and simulation. It provides a theoretical and methodological framework for the conceptualisation of practices and for the empirical studies on which the book is based. Section 2 revisits the dimensions of the simulation process/exercise, i.e. the briefing, simulation, and debriefing, and provides empirical analyses of how the practice of simulation unfolds. Based on these analyses, section 3 identifies and discusses how pedagogies for simulation can be reformed to meet the demands of future healthcare and research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19542-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-19541-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-19542-7
- Series Print ISSN 2210-5549
- Series Online ISSN 2210-5557
- Buy this book on publisher's site