About this book
This book discusses the issues of citizen rights, governance and political crisis in Brazil. The project has a focus on “citizenship in times of crisis,” i.e., seeking to understand how citizenship rights have changed since the Brazilian political and economic crisis that started in 2014. Building on theories of citizenship and governance, the author examines policy-based evidence on the retractions of participatory rights, which are consequence of a stagnant economic scenario and the re-organization of conservative sectors. This work will appeal to scholarly audiences interested in citizenship, Brazilian politics, and Latin American policy and governance.
Valesca Lima is Research Fellow at Maynooth University, Ireland.
Latin America Brazil Citizenship Policy in Brazil Human Rights
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19120-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-19119-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-19120-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences