Table of contents
About this book
This book shares the latest research and practice-oriented findings in medical sciences with a wide audience.
It addresses a range of contemporary issues, often unresolved or contentious, across various medical fields, including advances in the management of hemorrhagic brain stroke. It also discusses metastatic renal cell carcinoma – a global scourge with an extremely poor long-term survival prognosis, the course and sequelae of renal cell carcinoma, as well as advances in targeted molecular therapy with sunitinib, a receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Further, it examines the molecular targeting of proliferative signaling of the epidermal growth factor receptor in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer. Other articles cover clearance of toxins in hemodialyzed patients; the search for diagnostic and therapeutic markers in the connective tissue disease scleroderma; obesity linked to inappropriate dietary habit; clinical problems related to the diagnosis of sensitization to fungi and its role in asthma; and reasons for the perilous trend of avoiding basic vaccinations in children. Lastly, the book explores the rapid developments in e-health technologies that increase access to health services, particularly for the elderly.
The book is intended for clinical specialists, researchers, and all allied health professionals from various fields.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19059-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-19058-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-19059-0
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site