About this book
This book is designed to provide wide understanding of lignin carbon fiber processes, chemistry, mechanisms, and techniques that will help in further development of lignin carbon fiber for automobile, aerospace, marine, and sports equipment applications. Each step in the processing of lignin carbon fibers is presented as a separate chapter so that issues concerning the processes are exhaustively discussed. Basic scientific principles governing each stage of lignin carbon fiber processing, current state of research and mechanisms behind the processes are illustrated for better understanding. This is the first book to address the entire scope of lignin carbon fiber processing including; extraction, quantification, purification, melt processing, stabilization, carbonization, optimization of processes, and characterization.
- Presents detailed information on the chemistry, processing, principles and properties of bio-sourced lignin for carbon fiber production;
- Highlights techniques of recovery and properties of lignin from agricultural waste sources;
- Addresses applications in automobile, aircraft, marine, and sport industries;
- Provides insight into the lignin complex macromolecular system, the role of lignin chemistry as it relates to carbon fiber production and the evolution of lignin carbon fiber structure during processing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18792-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-18791-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-18792-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site