Table of contents
About this book
The book presents the state-of-the-art document describing the knowledge, data, cost-effectiveness and technologies employed to manage the waste in several countries such as Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordon, Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, and Yemen. It covers diverse topics including the status of the waste in the region, solid waste management, solid waste recovery and disposal, the use of the agricultural waste in feeding poultry, sludge disposal and management, wastewater treatment and energy production. Also, the book explains how waste management systems are becoming more complex in many countries with the move from landfill-based to resource recovery-based solutions following the setting of international and national targets to divert waste from landfill and to increase recycling and recovery rates. Besides, this book also evaluates the environmental legislation in the selected countries and suggests new performance enhancements.
This book is of interest to environmental professionals including scientists and policymakers in the Middle East, North Africa, and areas with similar features.
Wastewater treatment Agricultural waste Energy production Solid waste management Environmental waste legislation
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18350-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-18349-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-18350-9
- Series Print ISSN 2364-6934
- Series Online ISSN 2364-8198
- Buy this book on publisher's site