Table of contents
About this book
This book provides in-depth information on all key aspects of geminivirus biology, e.g. the genetics and evolution, global diversity and spread of these plant pathogens, as well as the molecular mechanisms underlying their virulence. Geminiviridae is one of the largest viral families, comprising numerous plant-infecting viruses that cause diseases in crops and weeds. These diseases have been reported from nearly all continents, in particular Asia, Europe, Africa and America. The book summarizes the current state of knowledge on the interactions between plant host and virus. In addition, it discusses advances regarding the trans-replication of satellite molecules and its effect on geminiviral pathogenesis, as well as pest management strategies to combat these diseases in the field.
Given its scope, the book is a must-read reference guide for all researchers and advanced students working in virology, agriculture and plant biotechnology.
weed virus plant pathogen interaction pest management agriculture plant viruses plant biotechnology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18248-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-18247-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-18248-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site