About this book
This is an in-depth report on the endotrivial modules, an important class of modular representations for finite groups.
Following the historical development of the theory, the book starts with a review of the necessary definitions and some key examples. The main results obtained using traditional techniques are then presented, followed by more recent results such as the work of Grodal inspired by algebraic topology. In the last part of the book original methods are applied to obtain the group of endotrivial modules for certain very important groups.
An accessible reference collecting half a century of research on endotrivial modules, this book will be of interest to researchers in algebra.
Endotrivial module Endo-permutation module Modular representation Module categories Group cohomology Quillen category Finite group
- Book Title Endotrivial Modules
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Mathematics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18156-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-18155-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-18156-7
- Series ISSN 2191-8198
- Series E-ISSN 2191-8201
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 120
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Group Theory and Generalizations
Category Theory, Homological Algebra
- Buy this book on publisher's site