About this book
This book presents a selection of neurological clinical cases and tests the reader in order to allow them to gain clinical self-confidence in approaching the case, requesting tests (negotiating test with other specialties e.g. radiology) and also in referring to other specialties. The book examines a range of different clinical scenarios and neurological conditions from multiple sclerosis and degenerative disorders to epilepsy and headache.The book can serve as a teaching aid in a classroom setting, where teacher introduces the case (“telling the story”, neurological examination) and the students then propose differential diagnoses and further tests. Teacher, when suitable, shows representative test result to students and expects students to interpret scan/test, eventually concluding the case, proposing further referrals and discussing prognosis Each chapter also contains visual aids in the form of Neuroexam, helping the reader gain a quick understanding of the case.
Aimed at trainee neurologists and any non-neurologists who might encounter neurological cases in the clinic, this book is useful for bedside teaching especially when there are not enough available patients on ward.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16628-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-16627-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-16628-1
- Series Print ISSN 2199-6652
- Series Online ISSN 2199-6660
- Buy this book on publisher's site