About this book
This book presents a comprehensive interdisciplinary team approach to the rehabilitation of acquired brain injury (ABI) survivors. Medical and clinical specialists will receive a deeper understanding of not only each other’s roles but of their complementary functions in this field. Many case examples are provided, illustrating a wide range of challenges and stages of recovery. This edition features 3 entirely new chapters and multiple updated chapters by new and returning authors.
Featured in the coverage:
- The role of robotics in acquired brain injury
- A comprehensive chapter on physical therapy in ABI
- Outstanding recoveries woven together by a video news producer who recovered from a meningioma
- State of the art updates on neurosurgery, neurology, physiatry, neuropsychiatry and neuro-optometry.
- Updated chapters on neuropsychology, speech-language and occupational therapies including new technology and approaches as well as evidence based practices
- Psychosocial challenges and treatment following ABI
- The importance of family as team members
- Post rehabilitation options and experiences
Acquired Brain Injury: An Integrative Neuro-Rehabilitation Approach, 2nd edition provides clarity and context regarding the rehabilitation goals and processes for rehabilitation specialists and interdisciplinary students of neuro-rehabilitation, as well as practicing clinicians interested in developing knowledge in their field.
acquired brain injury neuro-rehabilitation traumiatic brain injury neurosurgery for brain injiury rehabilitation team brain injury rehabilitation balance therapy for brain injury occupational therapy for brain injiury neuro-ophthalmology and brain injury robotics in acquired brain injury virtual reality in acquired brain injury concussion management recovery from brain injury families of brain injured patients noninvasive brain stimulation stem cell research for brain injury novel treatments for acquired brain injury
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16613-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-16612-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-16613-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals