Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the processes that help stabilize democracy. It provides a socio-historical analysis of the future prospects of democracy.
The link between advanced capitalism and democracy is emphasized, focusing on contract law and the separation of the economy from the state. The book also emphasizes the positive effects of the scientific world view on legal- rational authority. Aristotle’s theory of the majority middle class and its stabilizing effect on democracy is highlighted.
This book describes the face to face democracies of the past in order to give us a better perspective on the high tech democracies of the future, making it appealing to students and academics in the political and social sciences.
- Book Title The Future of Democracy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16111-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-16110-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-16113-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-16111-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 198
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site