About this book
This volume provides readers with a systematic assessment of current literature on the link between nutrition and immunity. Chapters cover immunonutrition topics such as child development, cancer, aging, allergic asthma, food intolerance, obesity, and chronic critical illness. It also presents a thorough review of microflora of the gut and the essential role it plays in regulating the balance between immune tolerance and inflammation.
Written by experts in the field, Nutrition and Immunity helps readers to further understand the importance of healthy dietary patterns in relation to providing immunity against disorders and offering readily available immunonutritional programming in clinical care. It will be a valuable resource for dietitians, immunologists, endocrinologists and other healthcare professionals.
Immunodeficiency Immunogenetics Malnutrition Micronutrient Nutrigenomics Allergies Autoimmune Diseases Neurological Diseases Mental Disorders
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16073-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-16072-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-16073-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site