About this book
This book assesses the use of various non-seismic and non-conventional oil and gas exploration methods in Cuba. In addition to discussing the benefits of these methods, the book demonstrates how they can be combined with geological data and conventional methods, leading to a better evaluation of prospects and exploration risks.
The authors describe how potential new gaso-petroleum sites in the Pina-Ceballos and Sancti Spiritus regions can be effectively mapped. The geophysical-geochemical exploration techniques combined in the Redox Complex method are used to identify and evaluate these sites. Areas of interest are mapped based on the presence of a combination of indicator anomalies, mainly derived using gravimetric, aeromagnetic and airborne gamma spectrometry.
The geochemical study concentrates on two petroleum-rich regions, one in northern and one in southern Cuba. The scope also includes the seas to the south of Cuba, which are studied with non-seismic exploration tools such as the Digital Elevation Model, which employs morphotectonic regionalization.
Onshore and offshore hydrocarbon exploration Non-seismic and non-conventional exploration methods Petroleum systems Gravimetry Aeromagnetics Ariborne gamma spectrometry Redox Complex Digital Elevation Model Remote sensing Geological-structural mapping Morphotectonic regionalization
- Book Title Non-seismic and Non-conventional Exploration Methods for Oil and Gas in Cuba
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Earth System Sciences
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Earth System
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15824-8
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-15823-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-15824-8
- Series ISSN 2191-589X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5903
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 104
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 70 illustrations in colour
Geotechnical Engineering & Applied Earth Sciences
Fossil Fuels (incl. Carbon Capture)
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
- Buy this book on publisher's site