About this book
Throughout the chapters, Korean hip hop is examined through the notion of buran—personal and societal anxiety and uncertainty—and how it manifests in the dimensions of space and place, economy, cultural production, and gender. Ultimately, buran serves as a metaphoric state for Hanguk hip hop in that the genre continuously evolves within the conditions of Korean society.
Myoung-Sun Song is Assistant Professor in the Department of American Culture at Sogang University, South Korea. She received her PhD in Communication from University of Southern California, USA. Her research focuses on the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, class, and (national) identity in Korean media and popular culture.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15697-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-15696-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-15697-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site