About this book
This book provides an insight of relevant case studies and updated practices in “Pharmaceutical
Supply Chains” (PharmSC) while addressing the most relevant topics within the COST Action “Medicines Shortages” (CA15105).
The volume focuses on the most recent developments in the design, planning and scheduling of
PharmSC, broadening from the suppliers’ selection to the impact on patients and healthcaresystems, addressing uncertainty and risk mitigation, and computational issues. It is directed at MSc/PhD students and young researchers (Post-Docs) in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical sciences, Engineering fields, Economics/Management, as well as pharmaceutical decision makers, managers, and practitioners, and advanced readers demanding a fresh approach to decision making for PharmSC. The contributed chapters are associated with the homonymous COST Training Schools (TS), and the book creates a better understanding of the Action “Medicines Shortages” challenges and opportunities.
Pharmaceutical Supply Chains Medicines Shortages Modeling-Simulation-Optimization Decision Support Systems Logistics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15398-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-15397-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-15398-4
- Series Print ISSN 2194-8917
- Series Online ISSN 2194-8925
- Buy this book on publisher's site