About this book
Included among the chapters:
- How do people in different cultures conceptualize love?
- How similar and different are the experiences and expressions of love across cultures?
- What are the cultural factors affecting the experience and expression of love?
- Cross-cultural understanding of love as passion, joy, commitment, union, respect, submission, intimacy, dependency, and more.
- A review of the past and looking into the future of cross-cultural love research.
Critical reading for our global age, Cross-Cultural Perspectives on the Experience and Expression of Love promotes a thorough understanding of cross-cultural similarities and differences in love, and in so doing is valuable not only for love scholars, emotion researchers, and social psychologists, but also for practitioners and clinicians working with multicultural couples and families.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15020-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-15019-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-15020-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site