Table of contents
About this book
In this book, we propose and systematize the concept of syntactic n-grams, which allows using syntactic information within the automatic text processing methods related to classification or clustering. It is a very interesting example of application of linguistic information in the automatic (computational) methods. Roughly speaking, the suggestion is to follow syntactic trees and construct n-grams based on paths in these trees. There are several types of non-linear n-grams; future work should determine, which types of n-grams are more useful in which natural language processing (NLP) tasks.
This book is intended for specialists in the field of computational linguistics. However, we made an effort to explain in a clear manner how to use n-grams; we provide a large number of examples, and therefore we believe that the book is also useful for graduate students who already have some previous background in the field.
- Book Title Syntactic n-grams in Computational Linguistics
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14771-6
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-14770-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-14771-6
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 92
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 10 illustrations in colour
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Buy this book on publisher's site