About this book
This updated volume provides the foundation for starting a basic science research career as an academic surgeon. Taking a practical approach, the book covers the suggested timeline for the initial academic appointment, including how to setup and fund the laboratory and identifying appropriate scientific mentors and lab personnel. It also describes the application of basic and advanced research techniques, including animal models, flow cytometry, gene editing, tissue engineering, and microbiome analysis.
Success in Academic Surgery: Basic Science aims to give guidance on the application of basic and advanced techniques in surgical research.
This book is relevant to senior residents and fellows approaching their first academic appointment, as well as more senior investigators interested in expanding their research horizons.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14644-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14643-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14644-3
- Series Print ISSN 2194-7481
- Series Online ISSN 2194-749X
- Buy this book on publisher's site