About this book
Looking at the precedents set by the panic of 1907 and the Great Depression in America, this book investigates the causes of the 2007-2008 financial crisis. Pizzutto examines the effects of monetary policy, as well as of expanding and contracting financial cycles, in order to analyze the breakdown of the money market and capital market circuits. Not only exploring the impact of the Federal Reserve and central banking on monetary policy, he also analyzes the role of non-bank financial intermediaries.
How can monetary policy resolve the instability of the US financial system? How can financial intermediation work effectively? This timely book highlights how historical lessons can be used to avoid the next financial crisis.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14489-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14488-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14489-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking