About this book
Medical professionals are increasingly engaging with social media in an effort to provide credible evidence-based information and combat the misinformation that patients are finding online and bringing to office visits. Medical professionals are uniquely poised to recognize the harm that can come from applying the incorrect information to decisions affecting one’s health, while they are also able to serve as valued and knowledgeable experts online and engage with patients and the public to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
Social Media for Medical Professionals: Strategies for Successfully Engaging in an Online Worldis a unique, first-of-its-kind resource, providing specific social media strategies for engagement, as well as advice regarding best practices for professionals to maintain at all times. Chapters discuss many aspects pertaining to social media, covering the basics, researching and assessing credible medical information online, and best practices for discussing myths and misconceptions with patients. Later chapters cover the benefits of engaging in social media as a medical professional, strategies for increasing engagement and building an audience, various options and platforms for content creation and finding your niche, dos’s and don’ts regarding patient privacy, and strategies for dealing with negative comments online.
A uniquely practical resource, Social Media for Medical Professionals: Strategies for Successfully Engaging in an Online World will be of interest to medical professionals across the spectrum of healthcare, from the student to the seasoned clinician, providing valuable perspective on practicing medicine in an evolving digital world.
- Book Title Social Media for Medical Professionals
- Book Subtitle Strategies for Successfully Engaging in an Online World
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14439-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-14438-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-14439-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 221
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 51 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site