About this book
This book presents a comprehensive discussion on the heterogeneity existing between different types of stem cells within the same tissue, for several types of cancers, e.g. glioblastoma stem cells. Recent developments have revealed completely different roles of distinct stem cells within the same organ.
Thus, Stem Cells Heterogeneity in Cancer provides a timely update us on the current information on stem cells heterogeneity in various tissues. It also provides a solid foundation of the history of stem cells from specific tissues and the current applications of this knowledge in regenerative medicine. When taken as a whole, alongside its companion volumes Stem Cells Heterogeneity – Novel Concepts, and Stem Cells Heterogeneity in Different Organs, these three books present a comprehensive reference on stem cell heterogeneity in various tissues and current and future applications for regenerative medicine. It is essential reading for advanced cell biology students as well as researchers in stem cells and clinicians.
stem cells heterogeneity cell surface marker stem cell subtypes cell cycle status cancer stem cells
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-14366-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-14365-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-14366-4
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site