Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a lively and comprehensive account of the unprecedented Italian general election of 2018 and of its profound significance for Italy and beyond. The contributions in this volume cover the political, economic and international contexts in which the vote took place, and consider the main election contenders in the run-up to the election as well as the campaigns. The book further examines the election outcome, analysing the votes and discussing the impact of the election on the turnover of parliamentary personnel as well as examining the outcome from the viewpoint of government formation.
James L. Newell is a former professor of politics at the University of Salford, UK, and currently a visiting professor at the University of Turin, Italy. He is co-editor of Contemporary Italian Politics and the author of Corruption in Contemporary Politics(2018) and Silvio Berlusconi: A Study in Failure (2018).
Luigi Ceccarini is a researcher for the Laboratory of Political and Social Studies, LaPolis, at the University of Urbino "Carlo Bo", Italy, where he teaches society and politics. He is co-editor of Comunicazione Politica and the author of La cittadinanza online (2015) and Tra politica e società (with I. Diamanti, 2018).
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Italian General Election of 2018
- Book Subtitle Italy in Uncharted Territory
James L. Newell
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13617-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-13616-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-13619-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-13617-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 341
- Number of Illustrations 26 b/w illustrations, 19 illustrations in colour
Legislative and Executive Politics
Governance and Government
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“A very important book, one essential for understanding the real tsunami in Italian Politics brought on by the elections of March 2018, written by excellent political scientists. The authors provide many data and a range of analyses covering the election campaign, the result of the vote and the political parties taking into account the economic, European and international contexts. They also discuss the new Parliament and the new government. An extremely useful volume.” (Marc Lazar, Sciences Po, Paris, France)