Table of contents
About this book
Technology is revolutionizing the way real estate is designed, operated, and valued. It is democratizing access to capital and information, changing the way tenants use space, and eroding the power of regulation. Billions of dollars are funding these new real estate technologies and operating models. Value is shifting away from the assets themselves towards those who understand the needs of specific end-users and can use technology to deliver comprehensive, on-demand solutions. With all of these changes, there is a need for a resource that helps those in the industry think differently about their investment, customers, and competition.This book answers that call, exploring the impact of technology on all asset types— from retail and hospitality projects, through office and residential buildings, to industrial facilities and even agricultural land. It is based on the author’s two decades of experience working across four continents alongside the world’s leading real estate investors, as well as hundreds of conversations with start-up founders and venture capitalists. It provides practitioners with key insights, methodologies, and practical strategies to identify risks, take advantage of emerging opportunities, evaluate new competitors, and transform their organization, project, or venture.
Whether you are a developer, broker, lender, facility manager, designer, or investor, this book is a must-read for all real estate professionals and entrepreneurs.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13446-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13445-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13446-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking