Table of contents
About this book
This book details the analytical processes, and interpretation of the resulting data, needed in order to achieve a comprehensive source-rock evaluation of organic-rich shales. The authors employ case studies on Permian and Cretaceous shales from various Indian basins and other petroleum-bearing basins around the world to illustrate the key features of their organic-rich shale characterization methodology. These case studies may also help to identify potential zones within shale formations that could be exploited for commercial gas and/or oil production.
Given its scope, the book will be of interest to all researchers working in the field of source-rock analysis. In addition, the source-rock evaluation techniques – and the various intricacies associated with them – discussed here offer valuable material for postgraduate geology courses.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13042-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-13041-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-13042-8
- Series Print ISSN 2366-2646
- Series Online ISSN 2366-2654
- Buy this book on publisher's site