About this book
This book introduces advanced and hybrid compression techniques specifically used for medical images. The book discusses conventional compression and compressive sensing (CS) theory based approaches that are designed and implemented using various image transforms, such as: Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT), Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT), and Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) and greedy based recovery algorithm. The authors show how these techniques provide simulation results of various compression techniques for different types of medical images, such as MRI, CT, US, and x-ray images. Future research directions are provided for medical imaging science. The book will be a welcomed reference for engineers, clinicians, and research students working with medical image compression in the biomedical imaging field.
- Covers various algorithms for data compression and medical image compression;
- Provides simulation results of compression algorithms for different types of medical images;
- Provides study of compressive sensing theory for compression of medical images.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12575-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-12574-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-12575-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site